|Engine Type||4 Cylinder Four Stroke|
|Bore x Stroke||79 x 81.4mm|
|Displacement||97 cu. in. (1596 cc)|
|Shaft Length||20 in. or 25 in.|
|Weight||With 20 in. shaft: 396 lbs. (168 kg)|
|Trim Method||Power Trim and Tilt|
|Propshaft Horsepower||90 hp|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||5000 - 6000 RPM|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||13:30 (2.31)|
|Fuel Induction||DOHC Fuel Injection|
|Cooling||Thermostatic Cooling System|
|Warranty||3-Year Limited Pleasure; 1-Year Commercial|
What's happening this weekend? Water-skiing? Stalking a trophy fish? Pleasure cruising? All of the above? Whatever floats your boat, do it with the F90.
The F90 is a clean, quiet and fuel-efficient 4-stroke, 4-cylinder beauty that's packed with power, versatility and legendary Yamaha reliability. And, new for 2005, it features Electronic Fuel Injection. Power trim and tilt let you max your acceleration and top-end speed. Keeping your engine humming has never been easier, with easy-access oil fill, dipstick and spin-on filter, plus an oil pan drain engineered for quick and clean oil changes. On the subject of clean, the F90 has a three-star CARB rating and exceeds 2006 Federal emission standards. Because if you're good to the lake, the lake will be good to you.
Multi-Port Precision Electronic Fuel Injection, on the F50 - F90, uses four individual fuel injectors to deliver optimal fuel/air mix to each cylinder - for easy starting, smooth acceleration, and maximum fuel economy.
Single throttle valve - simple, lightweight design allowing for quick and easy adjustment. The air silencer box on the F75 and F90 reduces intake air noise to a minimum with the use of a highly porous nylon cloth that soaks up the noise making these engines whisper quiet while the surge tank reduces air turbulence for smoother operation.
Composite Intake Manifold - The long tube intake tracks are tuned to increase air flow increasing low end and midrange torque performance resulting in a more powerful hole shot and increased acceleration. The air silencer box reduces intake air noise while the surge tank reduces air turbulence for smoother operation.
The New, Multi-Function Tiller Handle, available on F40 through F90, puts easy control at your fingertips in a sleek, ergonomic new design – including Yamaha's exclusive, variable trolling RPM switch.
Double Overhead Cam Design on F75 and F90 models features four valves per cylinder. Valves are activated through direct contact with the camshaft, for more precise valve timing control. Rocker arms and their adjustment are eliminated for increased reliability and less maintenance.
Yamaha's Variable Trolling Speed, available on F50 to F90 models, gives you amazing trolling control. Fine tune your most effective engine trolling speed in 50-rpm increments (between 620-900 rpm's on the F50 and F60, and 550-1000 rpm's on the F75 and F90), and lock it in with the touch of a button. A Yamaha exclusive!
All Yamaha four strokes meet all Federal EPA emission requirements. Our entire four stroke line-up (except the F4 and F2.5) has earned a California C.A.R.B. three-star rating for ultra-low emissions. Our F4 and F2.5 models have earned a two-star rating for very low emissions.
Yamaha's Exclusive YDC-30 Alloy is the most corrosion-resistant base material in the industry. Used with Yamaha's Exclusive ACP-221 Paint Process, it provides a extra-tough barrier against corrosion. They're both key components of our renowned Ultimate Corrosion Protection System that's standard on all Yamaha Midrange Four Stroke engines.
- Yamaha is dedicated to helping create a cleaner environment through advances in outboard technology.
- Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and long-engine life.
- Our Three Year Limited Warranty protects every Four Stroke for pleasure use.
- Yamaha's Variable Trolling Speed
- Double Overhead Cam Design
- The Microcomputer Ignition, adjusts timing to maintain optimum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions.
- Top-Mounted Flywheel helps protect sensitive electrical components from harmful corrosion.
- The High Output Alternator keeps your batteries charging even when you're running multiple electronics.
- The New, Multi-Function Tiller Handle
- Composite Intake Manifold
- Single throttle valve
- Multi-Port Precision Electronic Fuel Injection
- Engine Type: 4 cyl.
- Displacement: 97 ci (1596 cc)
- RPM Range: 5000-6000
- Alternator Output @ W.O.T.: 25A
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel/Induction System: DOHC Fuel Injection
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Ignition System: TCI Micro Computer
- Starting System: Electric
- Shaft Length: 20 in., 25 in.
- Gear Ratio: 13:30 (2.31)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Weight: 369 lb (168 kg)
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Pleasure Boat - 1 Year Limited Commercial
- Engine Sensing Warning System
- Engine Stop Switch Lanyard (Optional)
- Multi-Function Speedometer (Optional)
- Multi-Function Tachometer (Optional)
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Ultimate Corrosion Protection System
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- External Tilt Switch
- High Output Alternator
- Micro-Computer Ignition System
- Power Trim and Tilt
- Thermostatic Cooling System
- Aluminum Propeller (Optional)
- Pro Series Prop (Optional)
- Painted Stainless Steel Series Prop (Optional)
- Performance Series 3 S/S Prop (Optional)
- Performance Series 4 S/S Prop (Optional)
- New Multi-Function Tiller Handle (Optional)
- Remote Steering
- Freshwater Flush
- Variable Trolling Speed Switch (Optional)
- Command Link System (Optional)